- - The smartphone penetration in UE5 (France, UK, Germany, Italy, Spain) is 42% when it’s only 39% in the United States
- - In 2011, the share for Android Operating System grew by 330%
- - However, Apple still has the biggest share of traffic with 30% in the UE5.
- - 75% of smartphone owners used mobile media in 2011.
- - Only 5% of the whole EU5 Internet traffic comes from mobile devices
- - There is a rise of mobile retail usage.
- - Germany was the fastest growing mobile retail market accross the EU5; +112% in 2011
- - Mobile payment: 20% of smartphone users have accessed bank accounts from their mobile. 11% accessed shopping guide
- - NFC contactless payment are causing the shifting marketing budget. Traditional players are on the losing side.
Facts courtesy of Veit Siegenheim from StrategyFacts, René Schuster from Telefónica Germany and Linda Abraham from comScore.